X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

Jennifer Johnston lunchtime recital

No other comment so perhaps people missed this recital from the Wigmore Hall repeated again today. Unfortunately I only heard the Mahler Ruckert songs, but what a voice. Ms Johnston is the real deal, an outstandingly lovely voice used with great artistry. Her accompanist Joseph Middleton was very fine too and they made a formidably talented pairing.
    I hope that she gets to record these songs and I'd love to hear her in the Wesendonck Lieder too. I thought the encore might prove one reflective song to many but I was similarly knocked out by her performance of Morgen.
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

I only listened to the Wolf yesterday. Agree that JJ has an attractive voice (no expert here), but was wondering about her German diction.
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• amateur51

Thanks for the alert gradus!

I head Ms Johnson at Wigmore Hall recently, singing in English, and was fairly knocked out by her voice and her stage presence. I was struck too by her clear diction.

That's one more task to add for the list for today, but certainly a pleasant one

Comment

Working...
      X