X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

This performance of the Debussy Images is a knockout! Amazing playing!
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Jonathan
      • Mar 2007

Having listened to the concert yesterday on my extra day off, I was impressed with the Invocation and the Debussy but less so with the Grossekonzertsolo - there were several mistakes and finger slips which spolied it for me plus I think Bavouzet must be using a different edition to mine of this piece as there are no tremalandos anywhere in the score! There was also (as Rauschwerke said) too much loudness involved although (as witnessed in the Andante section) sometimes he played wonderfully.
      Best regards,
      Jonathan

Comment

• Bryn
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
        Having listened to the concert yesterday on my extra day off, I was impressed with the Invocation and the Debussy but less so with the Grossekonzertsolo - there were several mistakes and finger slips which spolied it for me plus I think Bavouzet must be using a different edition to mine of this piece as there are no tremalandos anywhere in the score! There was also (as Rauschwerke said) too much loudness involved although (as witnessed in the Andante section) sometimes he played wonderfully.
        The announcer did make a point of advising it was an early version of the work.

Comment

• Jonathan
          • Mar 2007

Hi Bryn, I meant the finger slips and trems in the Grossekonzertsolo, not the Invocation!!
          Best regards,
          Jonathan

Comment

Working...
          X