Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Maclintick
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      I will look forward to this on iplayer!
      I don't think you'll be disappointed BBM. One of the chief glories of the BBC Scottish is their wonderful brass section, who excelled on this occasion, with rotary valve trumpets glistening in resonant string textures. To my mind, Runnicles and his players delivered an authentically Brucknerian experience which bodes well for their forthcoming Bruckner 8 in the Proms.

Comment

• Barbirollians
        • Nov 2010

I only caught the Mozart and found it unremarkable . Frost always does his best with the part but the BBCSO/Runnicles gave a very expressionless almost emaciated accompaniment like Norrington on a bad day .

Comment

• Colonel Danby
          • Nov 2010

I've almost reached the end of Bruckner 7 on listen again, and it's a fine account with the BBC Scots, the brass especially good: I'm a great Runnicles fan, and I too will try to get to the Albert Hall for his 8th if possible.

On record I've got Rattle/CBSO and VPO/Karajan, and though I tend not to collect multiple recordings of the same work, I am saved by the fact that they do use different editions! Compare and contrast...

Comment

Working...
          X