X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wfxjb looks like Classical Collection on 16th to me.
    Apologies Dave, for some reason I didn't see the symphony on 16th. Interesting that they featured the same artists and recordings in consecutive weeks in Brahms!

..... if we have to have downloads, in really high quality ones. I really don't want to pay highish prices merely for MP3s.
    The Amazon ones I used were about 256KBit/s VBR MP3 and they sound fine to me. The average compression is about 6:1 from CD [about 1.5MBit/s] so not as good as FLAC that would give about 3:1 but lossless. File sizes would be double. I think they were about £15 for all 4 symphonies and 2 overtures, about £1 per track.

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

Heard it on R3

James Jolly played the following this morning on Classical Collection:

Purcell: Gentle Shepherds, you that know (A pastoral elegy on the death of Mr John Playford)
      Iestyn Davies (countertenor) and Ensemble Guadagni
      Wigmore Hall Live WHLive 0038

Much as I would like to say Jaroussky rules, this was a very fine performance and I am incline to say that you cannot beat a home grown singer when it comes to Purcell.

Would Germans declare the same about Schubert and Mahler, and Italians about all those operas?
      Last edited by doversoul1; 22-12-10, 20:42. Reason: typpo

Comment

Working...
      X