X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Petrushka
    • Nov 2010

Haitink Conducts Beethoven Live from Paris

Bernard Haitink is conducting a Beethoven cycle with the Chamber Orchestra of Europe in Paris this week and three of the concerts are live on Medici TV:

A rare and extensive selection of concerts, operas, ballets, documentaries and master classes. Exclusive events streamed live on medici.tv, available afterwards on replay.

All free of charge too!!
    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink
  • bluestateprommer
    • Nov 2010

I hope Petrushka doesn't me hijacking this old thread for another Haitink concert, not from Paris, but from Boston, an archived stream of a recent Boston Symphony Orchestra concert with "Uncle Bernie" leading the Boston SO and the Tanglewood Festival Chorus, in Stravinsky's Symphony of Psalms and Beethoven 9. I hope the link below is correct:

Comment

• Petrushka
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by bluestateprommer View Post
      I hope Petrushka doesn't me hijacking this old thread for another Haitink concert, not from Paris, but from Boston, an archived stream of a recent Boston Symphony Orchestra concert with "Uncle Bernie" leading the Boston SO and the Tanglewood Festival Chorus, in Stravinsky's Symphony of Psalms and Beethoven 9. I hope the link below is correct:

http://www.bso.org/MediaCenter/?item...ubItemId=42404
      Many thanks for this, BSP. Haitink gave this programme at the Proms several years ago and I was there. Good to see the live Haitink concerts collection building up quite nicely.

Comment

• PaulT
        • Nov 2010

....and another. Last sunday's Haitink concert from Paris broadcast on France Musique on Monday afternoon

Retrouvez les radios en direct et replay, les podcasts originaux et la musique de France Inter, franceinfo, France Bleu, France Culture, France Musique, Fip, Mouv'. Écoutez en ligne tous les programmes de Radio France.

Comment

• bluestateprommer
          • Nov 2010

For a few more weeks, there's a chance to catch some Chicago Symphony performances of Beethoven 3 & 6 with Bernard Haitink conducting:

Comment

• bluestateprommer
            • Nov 2010

LvB Missa Solemnis, Chicago Symphony & Haitink

For those interested, here's the link to a Chicago Symphony radio broadcast of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis with "Uncle Bernie" in charge (you get the CSO Resound recording of Poulenc's Gloria as a "bonus intro track"):

Comment

• amateur51

For those interested, here's the link to a Chicago Symphony radio broadcast of Beethoven's Missa Solemnis with "Uncle Bernie" in charge (you get the CSO Resound recording of Poulenc's Gloria as a "bonus intro track"):

http://cso.org/ListenAndWatch/Details.aspx?id=22152
              Many thanks for this link, bsp

There's a wealth of 'live' Chicago SO radio recordings here - wonderful

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                Many thanks for this link, bsp

There's a wealth of 'live' Chicago SO radio recordings here - wonderful

And with audio quality roughly on a par with Radio 3 DAB (128kbps/js mp3 as against 192kbps/ds mp2) worth saving for use in the car.

Comment

• Petrushka
                  • Nov 2010

http://cso.org/ListenAndWatch/Details.aspx?id=22152
                  Many thanks, BSP. Haitink has yet to record the Missa Solemnis (there have been very fine live performances in the past with the Philharmonia and the BBCSO. There is also a live Bavarian RSO on youTube) so this will do nicely.

What chance of it appearing on the CSO Resound label? Not surprisingly, given the economic woes in the US and elsewhere, it's gone very quiet from that quarter.

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                    Many thanks, BSP. Haitink has yet to record the Missa Solemnis (there have been very fine live performances in the past with the Philharmonia and the BBCSO. There is also a live Bavarian RSO on youTube) so this will do nicely.

What chance of it appearing on the CSO Resound label? Not surprisingly, given the economic woes in the US and elsewhere, it's gone very quiet from that quarter.
                    The Poulenc (from a 2007 performance) in that transmission linked to is already on a CSO Live issue, so the Missa Solemnis from this October might well yet be issued on disc. The Verdi Requiem they are pushing at the moment is of a January 2009 set of performances. The discs were released in October 2010, according to amazon.co.uk.

[It is over a year since the most recent (Brass) release though, so you might well be right to have doubts about it.]
                    Last edited by Bryn; 05-12-12, 13:17. Reason: Update.

Comment

• Alison
                      • Nov 2010

I saw several glowing reviews of Haitink's Missa Solemnis in Chicago.

A CD release would be a major addition to his discography.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Does anyone know if Haitink or has done so already,recorded that lovely b rahms cycle he did, with the same forces at the propms last season(was'nt it).
                        Don’t cry for me
                        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          I saw several glowing reviews of Haitink's Missa Solemnis in Chicago.

A CD release would be a major addition to his discography.
                          yes please!

Comment

Working...
                          X