X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prommer
    • Dec 2010

Candide Conductor Camera

Please take a look at this - it is quite a treat and very funny. I have been put on to this via Norman Lebrecht's website.

It is a glimpse of the orchestra's view on the conductor Joseph Olefirowicz during a concert performance of 'What's the use' from Leonard Bernsteins 'Candide' at the Vienna Volksoper.

hat audiences usually do not see...Our first upload of this got over 45.000 views...let's see if we can do it again...Here it is again: our glimpse of the or...

What do we think? Is Carlos Kleiber's crown in danger? What would he be like in Parsifal or Wozzeck?!
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Hilarious! Thanks for posting.

The spirit of Oliver Hardy lives on...
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Chris Newman
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Prommer View Post
      Please take a look at this - it is quite a treat and very funny. I have been put on to this via Norman Lebrecht's website.

It is a glimpse of the orchestra's view on the conductor Joseph Olefirowicz during a concert performance of 'What's the use' from Leonard Bernsteins 'Candide' at the Vienna Volksoper.

hat audiences usually do not see...Our first upload of this got over 45.000 views...let's see if we can do it again...Here it is again: our glimpse of the or...

What do we think? Is Carlos Kleiber's crown in danger? What would he be like in Parsifal or Wozzeck?!
      Perhaps Herr Olefirowicz took lessons from that most Candide of maestros?

Candide Overture, conducted by the composer himself, Leonard Bernstein. Concert performance of Candide with June Anderson, Jerry Hadley, Christa Ludwig, Nic...

Comment

Working...
      X