Radio 3 - Ideas for improvement and the future, a discussion thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muzzer
    • Nov 2013

"Noel said last year he wants to buy the BBC." No doubt encouraged by the way in which he benefited handsomely (or not, depending on how you look at him, I mean it) from the outsourcing of production by Auntie to companies owned by people like him a couple of decades ago. Trebles all round!

Comment

• Richard Tarleton

I remember a John Peel interview once in which he described going to Noel Edmonds' house and looking around in vain for any sign that the man was interested in music - records, record playing equipment, anything.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

The rather bigger Noel Edmonds news item (warning: D Mail) at the moment is that the future of his 'Deal' programme 'looks bleak'. Looking at his career achievements nothing much leaps out as 'Public Service Broadcasting'.

His other rant is against the BBC for mishandling the Clarkson Affair ('Deal or No Deal host says Top Gear presenter needed more support from management, adding that ‘the viewer is the casualty’ - Guardian).

By their rants shall ye know them …
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Simon Biazeck

Just a reminder, should we require it, that Edmonds cannot be taken seriously. He's in some shudderingly horrendous company here too.

"Brentalfloss, what inspired you to do your videos?" - Cake"Brentalfloss, where do you get your ideas for videos"? - Cake"Brentalfloss, what is the meaning o...

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Simon Biazeck View Post
            Just a reminder, should we require it, that Edmonds cannot be taken seriously.
            Indeed - and here's another - indeed, an indication that by any standards, he may quite simply be off his chump: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...-exist-6194153
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              Indeed - and here's another - indeed, an indication that by any standards, he may quite simply be off his chump: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...-exist-6194153
              I bet you he buys his hi-fi from Russ Andrews

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

It's … David Icke!
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  It's … David Icke!
                  My thought exactly !
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

My thought exactly !
                    He was a BBC presenter too. Something in the water?

Comment

• Simon Biazeck

Hmm, so it seems Ron is not bringing a full set to the picnic. He and his bizarre views are turning out to be the best argument for Radio 3.

Comment

Working...
                      X