X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

Ingrid Fliter

Now playing a repeat I think of her Schumann Symphonic Studies broadcast a year or two back.
    If you like this piece, its well worth catching.
  • Alison
    • Nov 2010

One of my very favourite young pianists. Superb beethoven recital on CD.

Comment

• Pianorak
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      One of my very favourite young pianists. . .
      ditto.
      My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Alison View Post
        One of my very favourite young pianists. Superb beethoven recital on CD.
        Agreed, very promising

Comment

• silvestrione
          • Jan 2011

Yes I listened 'blind' not knowing who it was, and was struck by such an individual and thoughtful approach to a work I know well from Richter (above all), Pletnov, Cortot and others. She often chose more reflective tempi than Richter, and of course had the idea of adding the extra variations in differently, even to the extent of not having Schumann's intended finale (which is overwhelmingly manic in Richter's live performances) as the finale. Intriguing. Came across as a more composed work (in the other sense). I thought she could have done with a wider tonal palette, but clearly an artist with something to say about the music she plays.

Comment

• Osborn

Alison: "One of my very favourite young pianists."

Pianorak: "ditto."

Amateur51: "Agreed, very promising."

For goodness sake, how pathetically patronising. She'll be 40 next year

That's not young & it's far, far too old to be labelled "promising". She's better than that & I agree with Silvestrione (& Gradus).

Comment

• doversoul1
              Ex Member
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Osborn View Post

That's not young & it's far, far too old to be labelled "promising". She's better than that & I agree with Silvestrione (& Gradus).
              She was a New Generation Artist (2007-2009) and I’m sure she is still often being referred to as an ex-NGA. Not surprising I (too) thought she was 'young and promising.’

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Osborn View Post

Oh dear, Osborn

My 'promising' remark was made in complete ignorance of her age and says more about how well I know her as a performer and so there was nothing 'patronising' about my remark I assure you

I turned sixty at the end of last year and forty IS young as far as I'm concerned. Young is good: so is sixty'

Comment

• Barbirollians
                  • Nov 2010

Her Chopin Waltzes are excellent too - worthy to be mentioned with Lipatti and Rubinstein .

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                    Her Chopin Waltzes are excellent too - worthy to be mentioned with Lipatti and Rubinstein .
                    Thanks for the recommendation, Barbirollians

Comment

Working...
                    X