X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Osborn
    • Jun 2024

Scrapheap Orchestra BBC4 21.30 Sun 11

Don't think this has been flagged yet. No, it's not about the UK orchestras that cling to the lower ledges of mediocity (IMO honourable exceptions - Halle, CBSO, ROH) but still get Buggins Turn for Live Concert & make me wish I lived in Germany or the US.

No less than Charles "Chuck" Hazelwood will help build an orchestra of 44 instruments out of scrap in 11 weeks & perform the 1812 Overture. Might be fun; if the moaners think it's dumbed down & what CFM Telly would be like, I'm sure they'll find a way to blame it on Roger Wright, Katie Derham & Lord Patten.
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Osborn View Post
    Don't think this has been flagged yet. No, it's not about the UK orchestras that cling to the lower ledges of mediocity (IMO honourable exceptions - Halle, CBSO, ROH) but still get Buggins Turn for Live Concert & make me wish I lived in Germany or the US.

No less than Charles "Chuck" Hazelwood will help build an orchestra of 44 instruments out of scrap in 11 weeks & perform the 1812 Overture. Might be fun; if the moaners think it's dumbed down & what CFM Telly would be like, I'm sure they'll find a way to blame it on Roger Wright, Katie Derham & Lord Patten.
    I'm not convinced that an orchestra of professional musicians performing the 1812 on scrap instruments would be any more interesting than the Portsmouth Sinfonia's performance of said piece.

Comment

Working...
    X