• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • salymap
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Trevor Pinnock, OAE last night.

Any views on this. I could only listen to the first work but really enjoyed it, Haydn symphony no 6 in D [Le Matin}. Clean and crisp and beautiful playing. perhaps I should listen to more period instrument concerts; it cut through my tinnitus very well.
  • Roehre

Originally posted by salymap View Post
    Any views on this. I could only listen to the first work but really enjoyed it, Haydn symphony no 6 in D [Le Matin}. Clean and crisp and beautiful playing. perhaps I should listen to more period instrument concerts; it cut through my tinnitus very well.
    The first two works after the interval (Haydn overture/Salomon Romance) -the only ones I listened to- definitely were clean, crispy and very beautifully done too.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

I only caught a few moments at the time of broadcast but you can listen in "HD Sound" via the iPlayer's on demand facility. Last night's Live in Concert is one of the now many programmes available for 7 days in 320kbps AAC-LC format. Shame about the few, like the Lunchtime Concert, which now seem only to be available in the low audio quality 56kbps HE-AAC format.

Comment

• Ventilhorn

An inspiring concert. If all period instrument performances were as clean and listenable as this one, I might change my inbuilt prejudice against HIP performances.

Unfortunately, not all are in the safe hands of Trevor Pinnock and the OAE, but I recommend this one to anyone who did not hear the live performance last night.

VH

Comment

• salymap
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
          I only caught a few moments at the time of broadcast but you can listen in "HD Sound" via the iPlayer's on demand facility. Last night's Live in Concert is one of the now many programmes available for 7 days in 320kbps AAC-LC format. Shame about the few, like the Lunchtime Concert, which now seem only to be available in the low audio quality 56kbps HE-AAC format.
          Bryn, I can't get this on demand in HD. In simple language, how do I get it please?

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Bryn, I can't get this on demand in HD. In simple language, how do I get it please?
            In this case, you go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015yrjh and click on "Listen Now" The time indication should change from 45 minutes to around 3 hours and it should start playing. It will not tell you it is in HD Sound but the software I use gives a clear indication of the data rate and overall file size. Last night the on demand 'standard' version turned out to be at 320kbps AAC-LC. However, I can't check the current situation as I am now accessing Ruddigore, in real time HD Sound. I will check later. Look out for a Personal Message.

Comment

Working...
            X