Tamás Vásáry playing the Chopin 2 Piano Concertos with Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biffo

The booklet that accompanies the DG Trio set gives the dates as No1 (6/1965) and No2 (7/1963), both in the Jesus-Christe-Kirche.

Comment

• Stanfordian
      • Dec 2010

Many thanks Biffo for confirming those dates. I was sure that DG woud have them somewhere. This R3 Forum almost always comes up trumps.

Comment

• Stanfordian
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Biffo View Post
        The booklet that accompanies the DG Trio set gives the dates as No1 (6/1965) and No2 (7/1963), both in the Jesus-Christe-Kirche.
        Hello Biffo, I've just noticed that an earlier post by makropulos has the dates for each concerto the other way around. I wonder if you would be kind enough to re-check those dates.

Many thanks

Comment

• Biffo

I double-checked them before posting as I saw the discrepancy, perhaps I should have added a note to that effect. The print is very small and just to check I am not going daft in my old age I have checked again. Concerto No 2 was the first to be recorded (7/1963), at least ,according to the information given. Concerto No 1 dates from 6/1965 which ties in with the information given by umslopogaas above.

Comment

• Stanfordian
            • Dec 2010

Many thanks Biffo. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Barbirollians
              • Nov 2010

Although his recording of the Second Concerto is one of my favourites - being my introduction to the work -I have been listening to his First Concerto recording this afternoon and it strikes me as extraordinarily beautiful . A splendid bargain pairing if you can still find a copy

His 1st is now oddly available with a recording of a very different performance of No2 - a nostril flaring performance from Argerich and Rostropovich - very exciting but a strange companion to choose !

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

I wish concert promoters would more regularly employ the services of older soloists especially in the concerto repertoire.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                  I wish concert promoters would more regularly employ the services of older soloists especially in the concerto repertoire.

Hear hear !

Comment

Working...
                  X