• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Rachel Podger and Brecon Baroque: R3 in Concert Thursday 7 March

As part of Kings Place's year-long exploration of the work of women composers, and broadcast ahead of tomorrow's International Women’s Day, Rachel Podger and her ensemble Brecon Baroque perform works by female composers from the 17th century. Both Francesca Caccini and Elisabeth Jacquet de la Guerre enjoyed long careers as professional composers, in the Florentine Medici court and Versailles respectively, while Isabella Leonarda (at the age of sixteen) entered the convent of Collegio di Sant'Orsola, where she spent the rest of her life and composed over a period of sixty years.

Recorded at Kings Place, London
    Presented by Natasha Riordan
    Rachel Podger and Brecon Baroque perform works by female composers from the 17th century.

Very much looking forward to this.
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Tonight 7.30pm.

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

Sorry, me again

If you didn’t hear this, you missed a rare treat. Élisabeth-Claude Jacquet de La Guerre’s Les Sommeil d’Ulisse was spectacular. Ciara Hendrick said all the usual things about how good the work was but the work really was that good and superbly performed. And Rachel Podger on top form too.

[ed.] I thought Natasha Riordan’s presentation was very good.

Comment

• kernelbogey
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
        Sorry, me again

If you didn’t hear this, you missed a rare treat. Élisabeth-Claude Jacquet de La Guerre’s Les Sommeil d’Ulisse was spectacular. Ciara Hendrick said all the usual things about how good the work was but the work really was that good and superbly performed. And Rachel Podger on top form too.

[ed.] I thought Natasha Riordan’s presentation was very good.
        I enjoyed the first part of the concert (all I could manage tonight) and agree with DS's comments.

It was delightful to hear a real Italian speaker (Natasha Riordan) pronouncing all the Italian accurately.

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
          I enjoyed the first part of the concert (all I could manage tonight) and agree with DS's comments.

It was delightful to hear a real Italian speaker (Natasha Riordan) pronouncing all the Italian accurately.
          Wor Natasha popped up again on last night’s In Concert and IMVVHO was excellent .... other than forgetting to switch her Mike on at the start - but that may not have been her fault ........

Comment

Working...
          X