• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Concerts to lighten the summer

Just seen this:
    Sedbergh Music Festival is back providing an enticing mix of high octane international and local talents, with music ranging from the exotic and authentically medieval to both modern folk and exuberant brass band via string quartets, traditional and wonderfully eccentric singing groups, aspiring young soloists.After a COVID enforced absence Sedbergh Music Festival is back providing an enticing mix of high octane international and local talents, with music ranging from the exotic and authentically medieval to both modern folk and exuberant brass band via string quartets, traditional and wonderfully eccentric singing groups, aspiring young soloists.

Tasmin Little and Martin Roscoe doing Beethoven and Cesar Frank
    Sarah Beth Briggs Debussy and Chopin recital
    ..........among other very decent looking lunchtime and evening concerts.

Quite a find!
  • LMcD
    • Sep 2017

Our audiences have the opportunity to hear the finest musicians many of whom live in East Anglia.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      Just seen this:
      Sedbergh Music Festival is back providing an enticing mix of high octane international and local talents, with music ranging from the exotic and authentically medieval to both modern folk and exuberant brass band via string quartets, traditional and wonderfully eccentric singing groups, aspiring young soloists.After a COVID enforced absence Sedbergh Music Festival is back providing an enticing mix of high octane international and local talents, with music ranging from the exotic and authentically medieval to both modern folk and exuberant brass band via string quartets, traditional and wonderfully eccentric singing groups, aspiring young soloists.

Tasmin Little and Martin Roscoe doing Beethoven and Cesar Frank
      Sarah Beth Briggs Debussy and Chopin recital
      ..........among other very decent looking lunchtime and evening concerts.

Quite a find!
      The Tasmin Little/Martin Roscoe recital looks well worth it!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

I agree, and actually, BBm, I've just noticed that the same Festival has Piers Adams and the amazing Red Priest ensemble.
        Looks an enterprising list. As you say, well worth it!
        Last edited by DracoM; 07-05-18, 12:38.

Comment

• gradus
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
          Nicely varied offering deserving and receiving good local support.

Comment

• LMcD
            • Sep 2017

Yesterday's offering by Quartetto Familia and Friends was Mozart's Clarinet Quintet and the Schubert Octet. More first-rate music-making just a few minutes' walk from home! I play my modest part by recommending Music in Felixstowe to anyone who'll listen and delivering newsletters.

Comment

Working...
            X