X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimD
    • Nov 2010

Hello! Is there anyone there?

Yesterday afternoon R3 broadcast The Dream of Gerontius. Except it was a bonus version. After the final 'Amen' the music began again (2.49.32) --apparently with the orchestral prelude to Part 1. After about 10 minutes of this, just before Gerontius's entrance, the music ended (2.58.55) and the announcer observed that the 'Amen' meant he had 'made it'. Well, no...that was 10 minutes ago. Have I got this wrong; am I missing something? Was anyone else listening, especially at the BBC? Most odd.
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by JimD View Post
    Yesterday afternoon R3 broadcast The Dream of Gerontius. Except it was a bonus version. After the final 'Amen' the music began again (2.49.32) --apparently with the orchestral prelude to Part 1. After about 10 minutes of this, just before Gerontius's entrance, the music ended (2.58.55) and the announcer observed that the 'Amen' meant he had 'made it'. Well, no...that was 10 minutes ago. Have I got this wrong; am I missing something? Was anyone else listening, especially at the BBC? Most odd.
    Shock, horror a presenter not listening to what she was playing. Perhaps she is not keen on DoG! On the positive side on the broadcast I did like Sarah Connolly's voice.

Comment

• gradus
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Shock, horror a presenter not listening to what she was playing. Perhaps she is not keen on DoG! On the positive side on the broadcast I did like Sarah Connolly's voice.
      I switched on, recognised Gerontius then it stopped so I assumed they'd used it as a filler. CFMitis strikes.

Comment

Working...
      X