• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

The Sixteen R3 in Concert 15 January

Monteverdi's music is linked to the earlier polyphonic tradition that so influenced him, and is interleaved with the Dante-inspired poetry of Seamus Heaney.
    The Sixteen, recorded at Kings Place, London on 13 January 2018

Monteverdi: Missa In illo tempore
    Gombert: In illo tempore
    Victoria and Guerrero: Settings from the Song of Songs
    Seamus Heaney: Selections from Station Island

Sean Campion, narrator
    The Sixteen
    Harry Christophers, conductor
    Music by Monteverdi, Guerrero and Victoria interleaved with the poetry of Seamus Heaney.
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

I will be catching up to with this today! I have seen this choir live three times so far!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

To my surprise, suspicions of vibrato at the top end. Heaney poems nicely delivered and for me were frankly the best things about the programme.
      And I never thought I'd ever say a thing like that of a Sixteen programme.

Comment

• ardcarp
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

I think Kings Place does not have an ideal acoustic...or at least the usual sort of 'Sixteen' acoustical properties...making the singers work a bit harder to produce the goods.

I think many on this Forum who are choral singers will know that a resonant acoustic not only makes you sound better, it helps you to sing better.

There were a few fluffs in the plainsong. Scary stuff unless you do it day in day out and have maybe imbibed it with your mother's milk.....

Comment

Working...
        X