X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbirollians
    • Nov 2010

Alina Ibragimova's Bach at the Proms on TTN

I see that the first part was on Through the Night last night and the second will be tonight - outstanding performances more than well worth hearing again.
  • ahinton
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
    I see that the first part was on Through the Night last night and the second will be tonight - outstanding performances more than well worth hearing again.
    Aaargh! Missed this! They were indeed truly outstanding performances that entirely swept away my initial misgivings about the very idea of such works being performed in a packed RAH.

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
      Aaargh! Missed this! They were indeed truly outstanding performances that entirely swept away my initial misgivings about the very idea of such works being performed in a packed RAH.
      'Swat the iPlayer is for.

Comment

• ahinton
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        'Swat the iPlayer is for.
        Indeed. I shall look forward to listening to these again.

Comment

• pastoralguy
          • Nov 2010

I can recommend her Hyperion recordings of both the solo music and the concertos. In fact, anything she's recorded is worth hearing.

Comment

• ahinton
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
            I can recommend her Hyperion recordings of both the solo music and the concertos. In fact, anything she's recorded is worth hearing.
            Indeed it is, the Szymanwski violin and piano CD and the one of Roslavets's two concertos especially (the Roslavets disc was my first introduction to her playing).

Comment

• Stanley Stewart
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Indeed, her late night Prom of the Bach violin sonatas is forever in my memory lock'd.
              You could also savour the rapt attention of a packed Hall. I still view the off-air DVD recordings
              a couple of times each year. Also acquired the Ysaye six sonatas for solo violin, Op 27, on CD.

Comment

• Barbirollians
                • Nov 2010

It's a shame arrangements cannot be made to release them there seems to be significantly more insight and feeling than in her albeit excellent commercial recordings .

After this year's Prom I should love for her to record the Prokofiev Violin Concertos.

Comment

• ahinton
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
                  It's a shame arrangements cannot be made to release them there seems to be significantly more insight and feeling than in her albeit excellent commercial recordings .

After this year's Prom I should love for her to record the Prokofiev Violin Concertos.
                  Two other 20th century composers each with two violin concertos to their credit and which I'd love for Alina Ibragimova to record are Shostakovich and Szymanowski; I believe that she has performed at least the first of each.

Comment

• pastoralguy
                    • Nov 2010

I suspect these works are on her 'to be recorded' list. I'm sure they'll appear at some point in the future.

Comment

Working...
                    X