X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gedsmk
    • Dec 2010

Rite of Spring - last Tuesday on Iplayer Dutoit and RPO

I thoroughly enjoyed the performance of Rite last Tuesday in the RFH.
    I'm listening to it again on iplayer and must say the BBC engineers seem to have done a good job.
  • Chris Newman
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

I enjoyed it too, gedsmk, albeit on the radio. Dutoit is an excellent conductor. Montreal's loss is our gain and no doubt the RPO continues will continue its renaissance as a great "French" orchestra.

The secret of the great conductors is that speed is not of the essence. A sense of rhythm is more important than tempo and this shows in the best performances of the Rite.

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Likewise with me to!! Great performance!! Typical MA backed out! Hope she doesn't do that at the Proms!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• 3rd Viennese School

When they play Stravinsky it is nearly ALWAYS the Rite of Spring! If not, the Firebird.

Wot about the others? Requiem Canticles? Agon? Symphony in C ? Violin Concerto? Movements for Piano and Orchestra? Canticum Sacrum?

3VS

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

There is so much they can do with this composer. Another I have thought of is Peresphone, Symphonies of Wind Instruments..............
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Peter Katin
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
            Likewise with me to!! Great performance!! Typical MA backed out! Hope she doesn't do that at the Proms!
            I agree - it was electrifying and with no balance "manipulation". As to MA, nobody has ever developed the talent of foretelling whether, if, or how fast, she will play,

Comment

Working...
            X