Haydn's Creation: R3 in Concert: On Air Now (Monday 13 February)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Haydn's Creation: R3 in Concert: On Air Now (Monday 13 February)

Sara Mohr-Pietsch presents the London Philharmonic's performance of Haydn's Creation, conducted by Sir Roger Norrington.
    Recorded at the Royal Festival Hall, London

Lucy Crowe (soprano)
    Thomas Hobbs (tenor)
    Christopher Maltman (baritone)
    London Philharmonic Choir
    London Philharmonic Orchestra
    Roger Norrington (conductor)
    Roger Norrington conducts the London Philharmonic Orchestra in Haydn's The Creation.

Sung in English. Applauds after every opportunity as invited by the conductor before the performance. It’s rather nice. The spirit of Baroque opera
  • Bryn
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
    Sara Mohr-Pietsch presents the London Philharmonic's performance of Haydn's Creation, conducted by Sir Roger Norrington.
    Recorded at the Royal Festival Hall, London

Lucy Crowe (soprano)
    Thomas Hobbs (tenor)
    Christopher Maltman (baritone)
    London Philharmonic Choir
    London Philharmonic Orchestra
    Roger Norrington (conductor)
    Roger Norrington conducts the London Philharmonic Orchestra in Haydn's The Creation.

Sung in English. Applauds after every opportunity as invited by the conductor before the performance. It’s rather nice. The spirit of Baroque opera
    I will catch this via the iPlayer, later. I can then choose whether to edit out the applause or the musical performance. I will almost certainly do neither. indeed.

Comment

• Richard J.
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
      Applauds after every opportunity as invited by the conductor before the performance. It’s rather nice.
      Hmm. Not my view, but I've always disagreed with Norrington on that point. At least the audience is applauding sensitively in quick bursts so as not to disrupt the musical flow too much.

An enjoyable performance so far, but not as much "fun" (as Norrington wanted) as my benchmark which is Rattle's superb recording with the Birmingham orchestra and chorus.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
        • Nov 2010

Just finished.
        A bit of whoop whooping,wonder if that happened in Vienna 1799,as well as applause.
        That final fugue thingy just a bit rushed maybe.
        Very fine and fun I thought.

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

This is rather good. Rattle conducting the Seasons and Sir roger conducting the creation. an only be on Radio 3! thanks DS!
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
          X