• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

JC Bach, Arne, Mozart Haydn and more: R3 in Concert Tuesday 17 January

Mozart 250 - Music of 1767

Live from Wigmore Hall, Classical Opera presents MOZART 250 - Music of 1767.
    Spanning 27 years - from the 250th anniversary of Mozart's childhood visit to London to the 250th anniversary of his death - Classical Opera tonight reach the third year in a journey in which they re-tread the steps of musical history, examining, contextualising and celebrating the life of Mozart.
    Ian Page's period instrument ensemble are joined by three outstanding young soloists, including the BBC New Generation Artist, Ashley Riches as they explore the music of the young Mozart and the composers who influenced him.

Classical Opera performs music by Mozart, Gassmann, Gluck, JC Bach, Abel and Arne.

my emphasis (just in case)
  • oddoneout
    • Nov 2015

Thank you for the alert - that's a different( and possibly more appealing) offering than what's in my newspaper listing. I don't always remember to check the schedule online while I have the pc fired up.

Comment

• David-G
      • Mar 2012

Thanks for the reminder about this!

I have been greatly enjoying Classical Opera's Mozart 250 concerts, but unfortunately cannot attend this one as I shall be at Der Rosenkavalier this evening.

So it's great news that I shall be able to catch up with it on R3.

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

I thought this was an excellent programme and performance. In general (outside a forum like this for example), it is often assumed that Mozart rose out fully formed from the ash of Baroque music which ended with the death of (JS) Bach. So it is very good to see (hear) a British group programming music by these in-between composers and great to see it being broadcast on Radio3 live.

Comment

Working...
        X