• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hornspieler
    Late Member
    • Sep 2012

Mozart from Bath Abbey November 22nd

The English Concert, Lucy Crowe and Nadja Zwiener perform Mozart at Bath Abbey.

A fine concert by The English Concert (Consort?) which included the A major Violin Concerto (soloist? but also the finest performance of the motet "Exultate Jubilate" by Lucy Crowe.

I would place this lady alongside such greats as Vittoria de Los Angelis for a flawless performance of this difficult work.

Did you hear it? If not I beseech you to use the "Listen Again" facility - I think you will be surprised.

HS
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hornspieler View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0833y03

A fine concert by The English Concert (Consort?) which included the A major Violin Concerto (soloist? but also the finest performance of the motet "Exultate Jubilate" by Lucy Crowe.
    Just been reading the details, but haven't listened. Nadja Zwiener was the soloist
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

Lucy Crowe was once a lovely Belinda to Sarah Connolly’s Dido but now she sounds as if she is more than ready to sing Cleopatra. I hope she won’t abandon the earlier repertoire like some conductors have done.

I suppose it isn’t surprising that even Mozart can write something un-genius. Two of the three arias were, to me, despite Lucy Crowe’s perfect performance, little more than novelties (reminded me of arias by Caldara or Porpora). Still, that’s a fun of live concerts.
      Last edited by doversoul1; 23-11-16, 23:36.

Comment

Working...
      X