Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick Arbuthnot

Originally posted by mercia View Post
    I'm finding the trumpets somewhat distant to the point of inaudible, whilst strangely the timpani are rather dominant. But apart from that ......... erm, triff.
    I was ther. The trumpets were half hidden behind a pillar. After the interval Nos 1 and 3 swapped places, presumably to give a better balanced on air. The playing quality was very high - as was the horn - but somewhat too restrained for my likingy

Comment

• mercia
      • Nov 2010

thanks (and welcome) for that information - I guess that explains things

I haven't the slightest idea (unlike other messageboarders) what engineers can and do do in terms of balancing

Comment

• ardcarp
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Just LA-ed it. Although I didn't listen live on this occasion, how FANTASTIC of the Beeb to do concerts of this calibre. I could skip over the interval music with ease, but stopping here and there to make sure I wasn't missing the beginning of part 2, I have to agree with others how inappropriate it was. Quite out of keeping with the integrity of the Mass. Whilst I would hate equally:

gushing backstage interviews that TV viewers will have to endure at the Proms, and similar interval chat with performers on radio.
        ...some talk on a related topic (art, literature, music, history, architecture) would have benn more agreeable.

Comment

Working...
        X