Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kernelbogey
    • Nov 2010

The. 'background music' between performances, faded in the moment the competitor stop playing, is really irritating (and totally unnecessary).

What a strange decision in a music programme by the producers.

Comment

• Barbirollians
      • Nov 2010

I am scandalised that those two robotic albeit technically sensational pianists were chosen over Jamaal the harpist . Dreadful decision .

If musicality was the answer the Ukrainian violinist should be a shoo in for the final .

Comment

• jonfan
        • Dec 2010

If I heard right one of the three chosen kept saying to camera ‘I should be in the final, I hope the judges make the right decision.’ How mega pompous can you be. The three rejected would have been my choice for the final.

Comment

• Barbirollians
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jonfan View Post
          If I heard right one of the three chosen kept saying to camera ‘I should be in the final, I hope the judges make the right decision.’ How mega pompous can you be. The three rejected would have been my choice for the final.
          I like the Ukrainian violinist but would have had Jamaal and Hugo over the pianists any day of the week.

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Barbirollians View Post
            I am scandalised that those two robotic albeit technically sensational pianists were chosen over Jamaal the harpist . Dreadful decision .

If musicality was the answer the Ukrainian violinist should be a shoo in for the final .
            I could not agree more Barbs . His phrase shaping , agogics , rubato , everything : a complete musician . The pianists weren’t helped by a poor Steinway . He made the harp sing - no easy task.

Comment

• jonfan
              • Dec 2010

If the judges had heard what the Ukrainian had said to camera they might not have been pleased to discover what he is like as a person (a question they kept asking of all the performers).
              It’s become a youth piano competition, a disaster. Tempted to do a Nick and boycott the final!!

Comment

• Barbirollians
                • Nov 2010

A car crash

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jonfan View Post
                  If I heard right one of the three chosen kept saying to camera ‘I should be in the final, I hope the judges make the right decision.’ How mega pompous can you be.
                  No, I think that’s slightly unfair jonfan. He said before the performance: “I’m just hoping the judges do the decision and let me go to the final round”… a pretty unexceptionable comment it seems to me.

Afterwards, he said “I’m pretty sure that I have done enough to impress them, so yeah hopefully they’re going to remember it and will/would make the right decision”

I don’t find that pompous, really - in context, they’re pretty understandable remarks from someone who’s naturally hoping to go forward (made in his second language by a mid-teenager, moreover)

"...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                  X