X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flosshilde
    • Nov 2010

Concerts you would have gone to but have to miss

I've just realised that the SCO are doing Haydn's Creation on the weekend I'm going to London - bother! (Well, I could skip the BBCSSO doing the Midsummer Night's Dream music in Glasgoiw, for which I have a ticket, and pop over to Edinburgh for the SCO, but life is complicated enough). Actually I've managed to miss several SCO concerts this year I would have liked.
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

I
    Originally posted by Flosshilde View Post
    I've just realised that the SCO are doing Haydn's Creation on the weekend I'm going to London - bother! (Well, I could skip the BBCSSO doing the Midsummer Night's Dream music in Glasgoiw, for which I have a ticket, and pop over to Edinburgh for the SCO, but life is complicated enough). Actually I've managed to miss several SCO concerts this year I would have liked.
    Mahler 3 at the proms last year. Never heard it live.

because we had a ******* sales meeting.

although, IIRC , the reviews weren't so great.

Hope you sort things out the way you want them, Floss.

Edit...I guess the thread was aimed at future events...but even so......that Mahler....
    Last edited by teamsaint; 23-04-15, 18:26.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Flosshilde
      • Nov 2010

Future, past, it's all one when one has to miss a concert, especially for a sales meeting . I mean, don't these people have any sense of priorities ?

I just might give up the Mendelssohn for the Haydn - getting to Edinburgh & back isn't that difficult (about as easy as going from one side of London to the other on the underground.

Comment

Working...
      X