X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LHC
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by EnemyoftheStoat View Post
    Difficult to see how an LSO concert hall that far east would have worked, given that it's basically the City/Corporation of London's pet band.
    Well Epping Forest is owned and run by the City Corporation, and that's even further east...
    "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
    Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

Very short of time and I'll try to get around to 3 and 8...

But over more than a week of listening to these wonderful performances, I did start to crave higher resolutions, CD/lossless at least. 320 kbps aac is very good (best web radio in EU), but listening to nothing else for days I DO begin to miss, even crave, that extra depth, space and detail. It would be nice if Stephen Maddock might at least put us out of our misery if no commercial release is possible. One sees that a CD Box is an expensive production, but surely in 2015 a set of lossless (or hi-res) downloads can't be THAT hard to arrange, licensing/contractual difficulties or not. Maybe it's a shame that CBSO don't (yet) have their own label...

What a shame it would be if the sheer excellence of orchestral execution, never mind the rich interpretative interest - but especially the individual sound of this partnership in this music - were not put out there to take their place in the large & varied history of Recorded Beethoven Cycles. I've no doubt it would rank high in any comparison...

Comment

Working...
      X