Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedgehog

Originally posted by french frank View Post
    Good guess. That cellist has a receding hairline, much as Bylsma did when he was quite young.
    But not curly like Bijlsma's hair. Nor his nose. I think it might be Richte van der Meer.

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
      But not curly like Bijlsma's hair. Nor his nose. I think it might be Richte van der Meer.
      Yes, I looked again, and although Bylsma seemed to have less hair at the sides in 1977, in 1997 he had more hair on top!

Anyway, this is the mystery man. Definitely not Harnoncourt:

Funny, I didn't recognise Koopman with all that hair everywhere, but as soon as he was mentioned, yep, absolutely clear
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• gamba
        Late member
        • Dec 2010

Have just been over my Bylsma discs, agreed he does look more like the person concerned.

But what a great collection of talent was there. This is a performance to be treasured.

Comment

• hedgehog

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          Yes, I looked again, and although Bylsma seemed to have less hair at the sides in 1977, in 1997 he had more hair on top!

Anyway, this is the mystery man.

Funny, I didn't recognise Koopman with all that hair everywhere, but as soon as he was mentioned, yep, absolutely clear
          Richte van der Meer did play with Musica Antiqua Amsterdam.

Here is a fairly recent photo on this website....... could be?

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
            Richte van der Meer did play with Musica Antiqua Amsterdam.

Here is a fairly recent photo on this website....... could be?
            Best guess ... that very high hairline?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• gamba
              Late member
              • Dec 2010

After much searching of photos will happily settle for van der Meer.

Who's a clever hedgehog then ?

Comment

• hedgehog

Originally posted by gamba View Post
                After much searching of photos will happily settle for van der Meer.

Who's a clever hedgehog then ?
                No-one in particular gamba, but I live (well, most of the time) in the Netherlands and have had the immense privilege of having been able to attend many concerts of these and other wonderful musicians. In particular so often at the Festival of Old Music in Utrecht, but also, gosh! Leonhardt as organist of The Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam - for just fl5 a Saturday afternoon of exquisite music!
                Last edited by Guest; 18-08-14, 21:13.

Comment

Working...
                X