• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

le 14 juillet

For those who enjoyed it last time, and those might enjoy a bit of historic film. The singer is apparently a Belgian - Jean Noté - the film maker the French pioneer of cinematography, Georges Mendel. I'm not sure that the singer is actually the person we see in the film.

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.
  • Padraig
    • Feb 2013

Merci, ff.

A little bit of theatrics for the film's sake, but what I enjoyed was the singer getting up there and doing a fine job. Never fails.

Comment

• Roslynmuse
      • Jul 2011

Excellent! Although I have a soft spot for Berlioz's version:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
        what I enjoyed was the singer getting up there and doing a fine job. Never fails.
        And walking off at the end and then coming back again to take a bow! :-)

They played the Berlioz on Breakfast yesterday. Sometimes we complain that the pieces aren't long enough !
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

I have a soft spot for the Berlioz version as well. Gets my French side of me going there!
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
          X