X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gradus
    • Nov 2010

Imogen Cooper- lunchtime recital

If you missed it could I recommend today's programme of Brahms, Clara and Robert Schumann played by this great musician. Intelligent planning enabled us to hear the major thematic influence on Schumann R's stupendous first sonata in the shape of Schumann C's Op5 No 4 Scene fantastique: Ballet des revenants. The Wigmore Hall audience did not clap between the pieces so that Clara's work was the perfect link into the sonata. And what playing by Ms Cooper! I had to be in London and picked up the very last ticket in a sold out recital and I'm jolly glad I did.
  • Pianorak
    • Nov 2010

I listened to this most enjoyable recital on the radio. Judging by the rapterous applause I gathered it was a sell-out. I don't suppose there was an encore following such a generous programme.
    My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• gurnemanz
      • Nov 2010

We heard her in Reading Town Hall in March - same programme in first half - very interestingly constructed programme with Schubert D960 after the interval. A gem of a concert but with plenty of spare seats.

Comment

• gradus
        • Nov 2010

No encore but a full house inc I think HRH The Duke of Kent.

Comment

• Pianorak
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post
          No encore but a full house inc I think HRH The Duke of Kent.
          HRH The Duke of Kent seems to be a regular. He also attended the Jonathan Biss recital the other day.
          My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
            HRH The Duke of Kent seems to be a regular. He also attended the Jonathan Biss recital the other day.
            Wigmore Hall is not that far from Freemasons' Hall

Comment

• Lento
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Wigmore Hall is not that far from Freemasons' Hall
              Does one have to go through the square to get to it? Sorry.

Comment

Working...
              X