Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cellini

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post
    I suppose we could give her to him but who'll pay for the flight from New York?
    Brilliant!! (We could club together but he probably would not appreciate her anyway ...)

Comment

• LHC
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by MrGongGong View Post
      Interestingly (and a little OT I know )
      when the Wigmore Hall opened most concerts started at 8pm or even 8.30pm
      I guess the folk who went then didn't have to get up in the morning as they were often epics (a bit like some of the early prom concerts)
      Wigmore Hall occasionally hosts some epic concerts even now. Leonidas Kavakos's concert with Enrico Pace on a sunday evening in January for one. They played:

Prokofiev: Violin Sonata No. 1 in F minor Op. 80
      Auerbach: 24 Preludes for violin and piano Op. 46 (a selection)
      Korngold: Suite ‘Much Ado about Nothing’ Op.11
      Schubert: Fantasy in C D934

and ended the evening with a transcription of the "Danse Russe" from Stravinsky's Petrushka for an encore.

Almost 3 hours of music, with just a 20 minute interval after the Auerbach.

Fantastic playing from both Kavakos and Pace as well. Regrettably though, not recorded for radio 3 or Wigmore Hall live.
      "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
      Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

Working...
      X