X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Il Grande Inquisitor
    • Mar 2007

R3 Lunchtime concert

I notice that today's lunchtime concert is a recording from last year's Edinburgh Festival of Magdalena Kozena's Lettere amorose recital. I saw her perform this at the Wigmore a few weeks ago, where there were microphones present; I'd assumed it was for Radio 3, but perhaps not, given this repeat. Marvellous performance, though.

My thoughts on the Wigmore recital can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/KozenaWigmore
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

I didn't hear this concert as I was out but will try to catch it again on LA. I did hear yesterday's Wigmore concert by the Florestan Trio and thought it was wonderful - both superb pieces (and not very well known, at least to me). It's why I think the Lunchtime Concert is currently the most consistently satisfying programme that R3 broadcasts: a varied repertoire of chamber music, song and piano works performed by artists both familiar and new. Long may it flourish.

Comment

Working...
    X