X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Grumpy
    • Jan 2011

Stile Antico - on tour

Fantastic concert last night - "The Immortal Glory of Spain" at Hexham Abbey as the closing concert of the Hexham Abbey Festival.

Stile Antico are touring this music (and other) catch them if you can - details here.

OG
  • Simon

Thanks for the link. As expected, nothing in the north of England. So they won't be getting any of my money for a ticket!

(And I had no intention of driving 4 hours to Northumberland, before anyone suggests that).

Comment

• stileantico

Hi Simon

Sorry that we aren't performing near you; we try to tour as widely as we can, but we don't promote our own concerts, so we're dependent on invitations from promoters and festivals. It's likely that we'll be in Sheffield early in 2012 - we'll announced confirmed dates on our website as soon as we can.

And thanks, OG, for your kind comments - glad you enjoyed Hexham!

All best wishes

Stile Antico

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Gosh! You get around a bit, don't you? Best wishes for the tour of North America. Hope you'll all be home again for Christmas
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• stileantico

Thanks very much! We'll be doing our Christmas shopping Stateside this year...

Comment

• Simon

Originally posted by stileantico View Post
            Hi Simon

Sorry that we aren't performing near you; we try to tour as widely as we can, but we don't promote our own concerts, so we're dependent on invitations from promoters and festivals. It's likely that we'll be in Sheffield early in 2012 - we'll announced confirmed dates on our website as soon as we can.

And thanks, OG, for your kind comments - glad you enjoyed Hexham!

All best wishes

Stile Antico
            Now that's most interesting S/A - I had no idea it was like that. I'll see what I can do for you up here: I know a couple of people who might be able to help. No doubt they can get in touch via your website.

And we add our good wishes to ff's for your USA trip: be safe!

Comment

• stileantico

Thanks Simon - that's very kind. Hope we'll get to meet you at a concert before too long!

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                • Jan 2011

I've said it before and I'll say it again - another cracking concert by Stile Antico last night as part of Brinkburn Music.

The Rose in Flower -
                Choral masterpieces of the Tudor era

Works by William Byrd, John Taverner, Robert White, Christopher Tye, Walter Lambe & Thomas Tallis

and all the the atmospheric Brinkburn Priory.

Thanks guys!

OG

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                  I've said it before and I'll say it again - another cracking concert by Stile Antico last night as part of Brinkburn Music.

The Rose in Flower -
                  Choral masterpieces of the Tudor era

Works by William Byrd, John Taverner, Robert White, Christopher Tye, Walter Lambe & Thomas Tallis

and all the the atmospheric Brinkburn Priory.

Thanks guys!

OG
                  I've seen them before. Absolutely magnificent!
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• jean
                    Late member
                    • Nov 2010

I think I'm right in saying that when I heard the Chapelle du Roi's Christmas concert at St John's Smith Square last year, the two sopranos were from Stile Antico.

Comment

Working...
                    X