X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TonyS
    • Sep 2024

EMS online archive

The EMS page of the Radio 3 web site currently gives access to just two previous programmes via the iPlayer.

Am I right in thinking that recently there was online access to many EMS programmes from previous years? And if I am, why has that access been removed.

I notice the World Routes page currently allows 95 past programmes to be played via the iPlayer.
  • MrGongGong
    • Nov 2010

Now I (more than a little excitedly ) thought that this was going to be all about the VCS3 and Synthi :-(

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Tony View Post
      The EMS page of the Radio 3 web site currently gives access to just two previous programmes via the iPlayer.

Am I right in thinking that recently there was online access to many EMS programmes from previous years? And if I am, why has that access been removed.

I notice the World Routes page currently allows 95 past programmes to be played via the iPlayer.
      Was there actually access to recordings of the programmes, or just details of subjects and playlists?

Anyone?
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

I don’t think there has ever been access to recording anything other than the usual seven-days listen again. The access to the programme information goes back … I don’t know how far but quite a few years.

Incidentally, there was a recorded concert of Les Talens Lyriques after today’s (Monday) Radio3 Live (from approx 9.10pm)

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Caliban mentioned the new EMS podcast (and was ignored for his pains!). Given that, judging by the length, it has - as usual - had most of the music cut out (rights issues presumably), I wouldn't have thought the complete programmes would ever have been available on the iPlayer.
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• TonyS

Thanks for the replies. I can't say for sure that I hadn't previously just looked at the series details, but somehow I thought I'd clicked a few and listened to programmes from some years ago. However I'm now doubting myself, which is why I posted to ask.

Seems odd that World Routes (a brilliant programme) has 95 episodes on the iPlayer while EMS - and most other programmes - only have episodes available from the last week. Let's hope all the WR programmes stay on iPlayer.

The EMS podcast is a welcome introduction, but I agree with previous comments that it is lacking in actual music.

Cheers.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
              Host
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              Caliban mentioned the new EMS podcast (and was ignored for his pains!).
              Crying aloud in the wilderness... 'Twas ever thus...
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                Crying aloud in the wilderness... 'Twas ever thus...
                You were heard! It's just that we were talking about you behind your back

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  You were heard! It's just that we were talking about you behind your back

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about... &c &c"
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                  X