Two more: mesmerising, fabulous.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Thanks chaps, got it on now.

Two more words: bloody gorgeous.

"...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• PatrickOD

Yes, I would gladly select four! of those word - oh, all right, all five - to describe this lovely programme. There are recitals which reach out and grab you, and this has been one. But thank goodness for Listen Again. At the risk of sounding like a texter to 'drive time', (and possibly also to offer a modicum of support to the beleaguered Anton Gould on another thread), I had to struggle with lunch time visitors who insisted on TALKING, and with phone calls from distant relatives who have free time on a Saturday, in order to half listen to the concert. But even that was enough to convince. The Early Music Show has once more proved to be, for me, a gem in the crown.

Comment

• MickyD
          • Nov 2010

I agree, PatrickOD...in fact for me The Early Music Show is probably the only regular programme I now find myself taking the trouble to listen to when I have a free moment. The Talens Lyriques concert was very fine, but I'd also point out that the previous day's programme on William Boyce is also worth a listen - genial, spirited English 18th century music which never fails to cheer me.

Comment

• doversoul1
            Ex Member
            • Dec 2010

MickyD

Hear hear!! (Re: William Boyce)

Two more days left to listen.

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by PatrickOD View Post
              Yes, I would gladly select four! of those word - oh, all right, all five - to describe this lovely programme. There are recitals which reach out and grab you, and this has been one. But thank goodness for Listen Again. At the risk of sounding like a texter to 'drive time', (and possibly also to offer a modicum of support to the beleaguered Anton Gould on another thread), I had to struggle with lunch time visitors who insisted on TALKING, and with phone calls from distant relatives who have free time on a Saturday, in order to half listen to the concert. But even that was enough to convince. The Early Music Show has once more proved to be, for me, a gem in the crown.
              Yes sometimes you crave a little peace and quiet and late this evening I found some and spotted OG's post. How wonderful that I did and just caught this glorious concert in time - thanks to you all.

Comment

Working...
              X