Late member
    • Nov 2010

Next EMS on Feast of Stephen...

...i.e. no EMS on Sunday 19th
  • oddoneout
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
    ...i.e. no EMS on Sunday 19th
    But with luck plenty of EMS repertoire during the EBU output today - Handel, Praetorius, Bach, Lassus among others

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Comment

• oddoneout
        • Nov 2015

Very much enjoyed this. A lot of information packed into a short space from two interesting contributors with Hannah French excellent as always. Yet again though I find myself wondering why we don't hear more of the music featured in this programme and others like it. Some of the pieces played would I'm sure fit very well into the morning schedules, and they would also help to add something a bit different to the "usual suspect" repertoire?

Among other nuggets, the reference to bitter weather in the carol was aptly illustrated by the tale of the (UK)Parliament choir singing in St Vitus' cathedral in Prague (Ryba Christmas mass, sung in Czech) when the temperature inside was -12.

Comment

• RichardB
          Banned
          • Nov 2021

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
          Very much enjoyed this. A lot of information packed into a short space from two interesting contributors with Hannah French excellent as always.
          Yes it was a nicely put together programme indeed. The Bach and Zelenka items were familiar to me but always worth hearing, and as you say there were also some interesting and (to a non-Czech!) more obscure things it would be nice for R3 to follow up on. I was reminded that Mysliveček wrote quite some interesting work which would be worth investigating more thoroughly.

Comment

Working...
          X