• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Le Poème Harmonique at the Utrecht Early Music Festival: EMS 20 October

A concert given by Le Poème Harmonique at the JacobiKerk as part of the 2019 Utrecht Early Music Festival. 17th Century Music: vanities & contrafacta from Naples to Rome. Presented by Lucie Skeaping.
    […]
    Music by Claudio Monteverdi, Gregorio Allegri, Luigi Rossi and Marco Marazzoli.

The full (superb) concert;
    Ensemble Le Poème Harmonique led by Vincent Dumestre perform the programme 'Anamorfosi – Miserere & metamorphosis' with Neapolitan religious songs by Claudio...

No sing of EML.
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Shall have to miss EMS, but thanks so much for the link, dovers. I'm enjoying it right now. Absolutely superb.

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Having watched the whole concert (more of an event really) on Youtube, I would not want to take away anything from the professionalism and musicality of LPH. I did become just a tad weary of the ever-present abbellimenti by the end. I'm sure the director and probably the whole crew have done tons of research into performance practices of the time and place in Italy. Just occasionally I would have liked a melody free of twiddles and appoggiaturas. The fluency with which they did everything was breathtaking, however, and I wondered if their quasi-improvisational style was planned or just came second-nature. I'd thoroughly recommend a gander at dovers' link above. Maybe do it in two or more sessions?

Comment

Working...
      X