• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Early Music in the New Schedules

Just to draw attention to a couple of new features mentioned in the announcements for the Autumn/Winter schedules posted elsethread.

Early Music Now
    A new permanent strand, Early Music Now, will be added to Monday’s afternoon schedules dedicated to the very best in Baroque music recordings from across Europe.
    BBC Radio 3 New Generation Baroque Ensemble
    Radio 3’s commitment to nurturing the very best in early music will also be reflected in a brand new scheme launching this October, the BBC Radio 3 New Generation Baroque Ensemble. Working with partners The National Centre for Early Music and the Royal College of Music, this new initiative designed to nurture a young, UK-based Baroque ensemble. The chosen group will be given opportunities to record studio sessions for BBC Radio 3; concerts and professional development with the National Centre for Early Music, and coaching, research and performance opportunities with the Royal College of Music. The ensemble’s journey will be followed on Radio 3’s Early Music Show
    Good news, I think, amidst a less-than-thrilling (for me) set of "new" initiatives.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]
  • Richard Tarleton

Baroque's not really Early music, though, is it? With a title like "Early Music Now", I'd be expecting something exploring the couple of centuries (at least ) before the Baroque....there's enough of it....

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
      Baroque's not really Early music, though, is it? With a title like "Early Music Now", I'd be expecting something exploring the couple of centuries (at least ) before the Baroque....there's enough of it....
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

The first of Early Music Now on Monday next week at 4.30pm

Concerto Köln plays Vivaldi and Bach

Concerto Köln performs concertos by the Baroque masters from Amsterdam's legendary Royal Concertgebouw.
        Presented by Fiona Talkington

Founded in 1989, Concerto Köln has become one of the world’s most exciting and dynamic early music ensembles. In this programme, recorded in April in the glorious acoustic of Amsterdam's Royal Concertgebouw, its players contrast a concise yet dazzling concerto written by Vivaldi for the orphan girls of Venice's Ospedale della Pieta with the fifth of Bach's inventive "Brandenburg" concertos with solo parts for harpsichord, violin and flute

Vivaldi: Concerto for Strings in A, RV.158
        Bach: Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D, BWV.1050
        Evgeny Sviridov, violin
        Cordula Breuer, traverse flute
        Wiebke Weidanz, harpsichord
        Concerto Köln

Looks more like Early Music Then to those of us who have been following early music but then, there are those who are new to the field and this will be a good introduction. Let’s hope the programme will cover wider interest as it develops. And if the programme is of live recordings, it will be a bonus.

Comment

• AuntDaisy
          Host
          • Jun 2018

Thanks for the good news.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

I assume that Cordelia Breuer is playing 'transverse' rather than 'traverse' flute?

Comment

Working...
            X