• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Vivaldi Behind Chopin: Afternoon Concert Wednesday 13 March

Hidden behind the series title Chopin and his Europe, we have this:

Vivaldi's delightful serenata 'Gloria e Imeneo', interspersed here with some of his lesser-known violin concertos
    (what I am hearing now (14.16) doesn’t sound like a violin concerto)

2.00pm
    Jarzebski: Canzoni e concerti (excerpts)
    Vivaldi: Serenata ’Gloria e Imeneo‘, RV.687 interspersed with Vivaldi concertos: in C, RV.186; in F, RV.288; in B flat, RV.380
    Vivica Genaux, Martina Belli (mezzos)
    Europa Galante
    Fabio Biondi,violin/conductor
    Vivaldi's delightful serenata 'Gloria e Imeneo', interspersed with some of his concertos.
  • ardcarp
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

Yes, I heard and enjoyed much of this, though it was 'in the background' as I was doing some physical work. I didn't (don't?) quite grasp the Chopin connection beyond the fact they both...er...lived in Europe.

Comment

• vinteuil
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
      Yes, I heard and enjoyed much of this, though it was 'in the background' as I was doing some physical work. I didn't (don't?) quite grasp the Chopin connection beyond the fact they both...er...lived in Europe.
      ... here's a Venice - Warsaw connection.

After the destruction of the historic centre of Warsaw in World War II, it was pains-takingly rebuilt, largely with the assistance of Bellotto's paintings of the city, which have a Canaletto-like 'photographic' realism to them.

Comment

Working...
      X