• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Emoke Barath: EML 3 March

Soprano Emoke Barath joins the Purcell Choir and Orfeo Chamber Orchestra to perform music by Kuhnau, Handel and Vivaldi at the 2018 Vac Early Music Days festival in Hungary. Presented by Hannah French.
    Soprano Emoke Barath sings Kuhnau, Handel and Vivaldi at the Vac Early Music Days.

I have been following Emoke Barath for a few years now, especially since finding this:
    Giovanni Battista Pergolesi: Stabat Mater / Nathalie Stutzmann, conductor · Philippe Jaroussky, countertenor / Emöke Barath, soprano / Orfeo 55 / Recorded at...

Since this is her first solo concert as far as I am aware of (available here), I am very much looking forward to hearing it.
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Hannah French may have sounded like a star-struck, giggly school girl on the Early Music Show but here, she is definitely an expert who could hardly contain her pleasure and excitement of sharing with the listeners a work by young Handel sung by a glorious soprano. And there is nothing wrong in enjoying Vivaldi’s Gloria

Comment

• Old Grumpy
      • Jan 2011

Excellent. I look forward to hearing this on iPlayer Radio.

OG

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

I think this is one of the best performances of Vivaldi’s Gloria I have heard. All the soloists were excellent. What a pity they are not credited.

Comment

• oddoneout
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
          I think this is one of the best performances of Vivaldi’s Gloria I have heard. All the soloists were excellent. What a pity they are not credited.
          I agree. I would have liked to know who the alto soloist was and it was frustrating to find no mention. Having sung in or heard the Gloria so many times I don't always listen closely now when it is broadcast but I did to this performance, and found myself appreciating anew just what a satisfying work it is.

Comment

Working...
          X