• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Kristian Bezuidenhout in Tokyo:EML 7 October

Elin Manahan Thomas introduces a concert of Mozart sonatas given by fortepiano Kristian Bezuidenhout in Tokyo earlier this year.

….someone’s getting ready for B*****?
  • AuntDaisy
    Host
    • Jun 2018

Talking of the B word - I wonder if the UK will still be a member of the European Broadcasting Union? Hopefully.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
      Talking of the B word - I wonder if the UK will still be a member of the European Broadcasting Union? Hopefully.
      "The UK" has never been a member of the EBU - the BBC is and has been since 1960 (13 years before we joined the EU) as are many of the Independent broadcasting companies. The EBU predates the Treaty of Rome by seven years, and includes several nations unconnected to the EU - or, indeed, in the case of Israel, unconnected to the European continent!

The downside of this is that we'll still have to endure the annual Eurovision Song Contest,
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• AuntDaisy
        Host
        • Jun 2018

Thanks for the detailed explanation - that's a relief for Through the Night (but not Eurovision)

Comment

• kernelbogey
          • Nov 2010

I'm looking forward to hearing Kristian B and the Chiaroscuro Quartet at the Turner Sims in Southampton on 6 December. I don't yet know what they are playing - but I hope it'll be a fortepiano and HIPP strings.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
            I'm looking forward to hearing Kristian B and the Chiaroscuro Quartet at the Turner Sims in Southampton on 6 December. I don't yet know what they are playing - but I hope it'll be a fortepiano and HIPP strings.
            Lucky, lucky you!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
            X