• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Il Transilvano: EMS 26 August

Lucie Skeaping presents a concert from this year's York Early Music Festival. The Prisma Consort - an emerging Ensemble from Germany, performs music that celebrates the links between Italy and Hungary, especially the folk music of Transylvania.
    The Prisma Consort with a concert of music linking Italy and Transylvania.
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

I didn’t think the music was anything extraordinary but the historical background Lucie talked about was very interesting. And the music charged up towards the end. I think World Music fans may find this interesting (or do you know all this?)

Comment

• Quarky
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
      I didn’t think the music was anything extraordinary but the historical background Lucie talked about was very interesting. And the music charged up towards the end. I think World Music fans may find this interesting (or do you know all this?)
      Thanks - I did switch off halfway through, but I will give the second half a listen upon your recommendation.

Hung on to the end with Hasse's oratorio, and there was an item by Beatrice Martin, which was worth waiting for. I thought her Gondolas on the Seine was an excellent programme.

Comment

Working...
      X