• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

EML 1st July

Programmes featuring performances of early music
    The 18th-century ensemble with a concert of Telemann, presented by Elin Manahan Thomas.

How very helpful

[ed.] Thank you OG.
    Last edited by doversoul1; 30-06-18, 22:20.
  • Old Grumpy
    • Jan 2011

More here:. https://www.radiotimes.com/radio/rad...7-2018%2022:00

OG

Comment

• AuntDaisy
      Host
      • Jun 2018

Thanks from me as well.

The 18th Century Ensemble, directed by Susanne Regel, give a concert of choice ensemble works by Telemann from Herne Early Music Days Festival 2017. Telemann was both prolific - writing almost as many works as Bach and Mozart combined - and accomplished - as a fine oboe player. Today's concert explores just some of this output, including his descriptive Overture 'Les Nations' and a Suite for oboe and strings It's presented by Elin Manahan Thomas.

------

I think this was from "Telemann Grenzenlos" ("Limitless Telemann"???), 12/11/2017 "Tage Alter Musik in Herne".

Probably broadcast 5/12/2017 on WDR3 (not 6/12/2017 as advertised in the booklet below, I missed it).

Susanne Regel, the conductor / oboist, made the cover of the "Tage Alter Musik in Herne" booklet (still available on the WDR3 website); the concert is on side 11 (page 6).

Last edited by AuntDaisy; 02-07-18, 09:47.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
        Programmes featuring performances of early music
        The 18th-century ensemble with a concert of Telemann, presented by Elin Manahan Thomas.

How very helpful

[ed.] Thank you OG.
        Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful at the time, but I am having to do all my browsing by phone (a Windows 10 update having destroyed my laptop) and cut and paste of text is beyond my capabilities!

OG

Comment

• doversoul1
          Ex Member
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
          Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful at the time, but I am having to do all my browsing by phone (a Windows 10 update having destroyed my laptop) and cut and paste of text is beyond my capabilities!

OG
          What on earth are you apologising for?!! The link you posted saved my day (I hate not knowing). Many thanks.

And it was a very enjoyable concert.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
            What on earth are you apologising for?!! The link you posted saved my day (I hate not knowing). Many thanks.

And it was a very enjoyable concert.
            Thanks. Glad to be of service!

Comment

• AuntDaisy
              Host
              • Jun 2018

... and mine. Never thought to look on the Radio Times website.

I wish the BBC webpages would put up more details, especially for Through the Night (as they used to!)

Comment

Working...
              X