• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Ensemble Nevermind: EML 22 Octover

Hannah French introduces a recital of Bach and Telemann given by the young and versatile 'Nevermind' ensemble, recorded at this year's Wallonie Festival in Brussels

Bach: Trio Sonata in G, BWV 1039
    Telemann: Fugue No. 14, from 'Little Fugues for Organ'
    Telemann: Paris Quartet No. 6 in E minor, TWV 43:e4
    Telemann: Coulant (Paris Quartet in B minor, TWV.43:h2)

Nevermind Ensemble:
    Jean Rondeau, harpsichord
    Anna Besson, flute
    Louis Creac'h, violin
    Robin Pharo, viola da gamba.
    Hannah French introduces a recital of Bach and Telemann given by the Nevermind ensemble.
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

More Telemann and another lively presentation by Hannah French. A very enjoyable programme but only 45 minutes long. The concert couldn’t have been so short, surely?

Comment

• MickyD
      • Nov 2010

Jean Rondeau seems to have become the 'bad boy' of the harpsichord! Certainly what few performances we have of his on disc are thrilling. This promotional video of him performing the extraordinary 'Vertigo' by Pancrace Royer is worth watching...

'Vertigo': album out February 2016.More information: smarturl.it/rondeau-vertigo Amazon: http://smarturl.it/vertigo-amazonFrance’s leading young harpsichordi...

Comment

• ardcarp
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Fantastic playing. (Just ignore the bangles.)

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
          Jean Rondeau seems to have become the 'bad boy' of the harpsichord! Certainly what few performances we have of his on disc are thrilling. This promotional video of him performing the extraordinary 'Vertigo' by Pancrace Royer is worth watching...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzxlMfUzqIM
          ... he is triffic. Alarmingly for me, he is a perfect - uncannily so - doppelgänger for Mme v's (completely not classical musical) eldest son - a source of some merriment here...

Comment

• MickyD
            • Nov 2010

So far there have only been about four discs from Mr Rondeau, but despite all the other admirable versions I have of Rameau, Royer, Telemann and Bach, I don't doubt that I'll be adding the new ones before long.

Comment

Working...
            X