• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Telemann Cantata: EML 10 January

Telemann's late dramatic cantata Ino performed by Nuria Rial and L'Orfeo Baroque Orchestra, recorded at last year's Bad Arolsen Baroque Festival. Written at the age of 84, the culmination of this prolific composer's lifetime of experience, it is preceded by his vibrant Overture 'Les Nations anciennes et modernes'

Telemann: Overture (Suite) - Les Nations, TWV.55:B5
    Telemann: Cantata: Ino, TWV.20:41

Nuria Rial (soprano)
    L'Orfeo Baroque Orchestra.
    Telemann's late cantata Ino, performed by Nuria Rial and L'Orfeo Baroque Orchestra.

Slightly underpowered but a lovely soprano.
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

This cantata Ino is an exciting stuff. Not terribly subtle but I imagine it wasn’t meant to be. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
      This cantata Ino is an exciting stuff. Not terribly subtle but I imagine it wasn’t meant to be. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
      Thanks for the heads-up. Telemann at his cosmopolitan best, and fantastic instrumental playing, with a lovely lightness of touch. I'm quite amused that the web page says the Volker-Ouverture lasts 2 minutes! So if anyone's looking for Ino, shuffle along 20 mins! (But the Ouverture is worth a listen too.)

I seldom disagree with dovers, but I found Ms Rial's voice very well balanced!

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
        I seldom disagree with dovers, but I found Ms Rial's voice very well balanced!
        Yes, she was very good here, wasn’t she?

This is very different but a lovely concert. (I think this was a few years ago).

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Musique à la cour de Charles Quint | Nuria Rial & Carlos Mena

This is the CD played on CD Review not long ago. An interesting contrast of the two sopranos: Nuria Rial and Hana Blažíková.
        New l'Arpeggiata album out 23 October, 2015.AMAZON: http://smarturl.it/amore-innamoratoiTUNES: http://smarturl.it/cavalli In L’Amore innamorato Christina Plu...

New Arpeggiata album out 23 October, 2015.Amazon: http://smarturl.it/amore-innamoratoIn L’Amore innamorato Christina Pluhar's ensemble L'Arpeggiata and sweet...

L'Arpeggiata records Cavalli: l'Amore inamorato

Comment

• Miles Coverdale
          Late Member
          • Dec 2010

I had the good fortune to see Carlos Mena and the hugely underrated Gérard Lesne sing some of the Couperin Leçons de ténèbres at St John's, Smith Square some years ago. Fantastic concert.
          My boxes are positively disintegrating under the sheer weight of ticks. Ed Reardon

Comment

Working...
          X