• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kernelbogey
    • Nov 2010

Ensemble Molière - Telemann & his friends in Paris

Turner Sims Southampton tomorrow T'uesday 15 October

I only just heard about this and have just booked.

In 1737 Telemann visited Paris at the invitation of some of the greatest musicians in France. There he performed his ‘Paris Quartets’ for the first time with new friends Blavet, Guignon, Forqueray and Prince Édouard. Join us to celebrate the prominent musicians who had such a positive impact on Telemann and his work....

R3 seems to have missed a trick as they are not recording this, given by 'the first ever BBC Radio 3 New Generation Baroque Ensemble'.
  • kernelbogey
    • Nov 2010

Could a host please correct my typo for Moliere - even add a grave accent?

Comment

• richardfinegold
      • Sep 2012

It should be interesting. The ticket prices are extremely reasonable.
      I didn’t realize that Telemann traveled to Paris. I have a recording of this music but never read the notes

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
        It would be a grave mistake not to...

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

... but I like the Yorkshire T'uesday

Given that his real name was Jean-Baptiste Poquelin I don't think 'Molière' can object to being transmogrified into 'Molliere'

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... but I like the Yorkshire T'uesday

Given that his real name was Jean-Baptiste Poquelin I don't think 'Molière' can object to being transmogrified into 'Molliere'

He shouldn't be mollified is my view. Or mollycoddled. I don't think he was...

Comment

• oddoneout
              • Nov 2015

Turner Sims Southampton tomorrow T'uesday 15 October

I only just heard about this and have just booked.

In 1737 Telemann visited Paris at the invitation of some of the greatest musicians in France. There he performed his ‘Paris Quartets’ for the first time with new friends Blavet, Guignon, Forqueray and Prince Édouard. Join us to celebrate the prominent musicians who had such a positive impact on Telemann and his work....

R3 seems to have missed a trick as they are not recording this, given by 'the first ever BBC Radio 3 New Generation Baroque Ensemble'.
              As I have remarked before I don't think R3 is particularly interested in Baroque/Early music in general, but even so it does seem odd not to celebrate the NGA group. There is much made of the members, past and present, in other programmes and recordings.

Comment

• MickyD
                • Nov 2010

If anyone's interested, my favourite recordings of the Paris Quartets are those by Florilegium or the Kuijkens with Leonhardt.

Comment

Working...
                X