• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AuntDaisy
    Host
    • Jun 2018

EMS "Brecon Baroque" 6/10/2024

Looking forward to hearing Rachel Podger & Brecon Baroque on the Early Music Show on 6th October 2024.

The Early Music Show

Hannah French is joined by violinist Rachel Podger to explore her ensemble Brecon Baroque and the festival in south Wales that also bears its name.

Each October, Rachel gathers together some of the world’s leading period musicians for a long weekend of performances and workshops in Brecon Cathedral and Theatr Brycheiniog, bookended by walks and talks in and around Brecon. And of course, over the past 17 years or so, the Brecon Baroque ensemble has aso recorded a wealth of repertoire including Bach, Vivaldi, Handel, Veracini, Tartini, Pisendel, Purcell and Locke.

• vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

... all those years persuading my stepson who lived in Brecknock Road that 'Brecknock' was pronounced 'Brecon' - and now I have to tell him it's actually 'Brycheiniog'...

Comment

• Sir Velo
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... all those years persuading my stepson who lived in Brecknock Road that 'Brecknock' was pronounced 'Brecon' - and now I have to tell him it's actually 'Brycheiniog'...

I thought Brecon was actually pronounced Aberhonddu.

Actually, Brycheiniog is more correctly the region - ie Brecknockshire - as in Fan Brycheiniog.

Comment

Working...
      X