• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Live from York EMF: EMS 5 July

Lucie Skeaping is at the National Centre for Early Music for a special live edition from the 2015 York Early Music Festival with guests including bass viol duo Jonathan Dunford and Sylvia Abramowicz, and conductor Christian Curnyn.
    Lucie Skeaping presents a special live edition from the 2015 York Early Music Festival.
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

Thanks for that alert, ds. You may be interested in a notice I put up on the Opera sub-forum about the forthcoming transmission of Handel's Alcina on the EU Opera Platform - next Friday.

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
      Thanks for that alert, ds. You may be interested in a notice I put up on the Opera sub-forum about the forthcoming transmission of Handel's Alcina on the EU Opera Platform - next Friday.
      I just have. Thank you!!! I can’t quite imagine Patricia Petibon and an evil enchantress but Jaroussky was excellent as Ruggiero in Orlando Furioso. I see it is a modern setting…. I may just listen to it.

Incidentally, did you catch Handel's Alessandro on TTN on Wednesday? (I posted it on the Early Music on TTN). I thought it was a superb performance. I have seen a few youtube clips of the stage production and the /a concert performance and decided to stick to the audio only version.
      Do listen if you didn’t.

Comment

• aeolium
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
        Incidentally, did you catch Handel's Alessandro on TTN on Wednesday? (I posted it on the Early Music on TTN). I thought it was a superb performance. I have seen a few youtube clips of the stage production and the /a concert performance and decided to stick to the audio only version.
        Do listen if you didn’t.
        I have heard part of this broadcast, ds, and very much enjoyed what I heard. I am trying to catch up with a number of missed broadcasts atm and it is rather difficult to fit in a complete opera in one sitting (and I was at a Cheltenham Festival quartet concert on Friday a.m.) I will try to catch up with the rest of it during the coming week.

Comment

Working...
        X