X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richard Tarleton
    • Sep 2024

Some Dowland for a Monday morning

Dowland's loveliest song, performed by Les Canards Chantants with Jacob Heringman (lute). Train buffs should enjoy it as well.
  • gurnemanz
    • Nov 2010

Thanks for that link. I have very fond memories of singing Dowland's Now, O Now years ago when some us of had a very amateur madrigal group. (Red wine was also involved). It is indeed a lovely song. By complete coincidence, I have just been listening on headphones (in the garden with a cup of coffee - it's a beautiful morning down here) to the exquisite Barbara Bonney disc, Fairest Isle with songs by Dowland and others, also with Jacob Heringman.

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

What a terrific promo video!! In God's Own Country too.

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
        .......By complete coincidence, I have just been listening..... to the exquisite Barbara Bonney disc, Fairest Isle[/URL] with songs by Dowland and others, also with Jacob Heringman.
        Following (I presume your) recommendation on a post here I bought this at low cost and listened to the first 6 tracks last night. I agree, its superb performances. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be listening to the disc again very soon.

Comment

Working...
        X