X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by doversoul View Post
    Why is the programme not available on iPlayer?
    Still not - really annoying as I was unable to listen live due to visitors at the weekend. I hope it'll be repeated (though I think it already is a repeat).

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

Still not available. It must be the case of this.
      …. this programme is still ‘registered’ as the original :First broadcast Saturday 30 August 2008.

Is anybody looking into it, please?

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

I reported the problem to the EMS production team and has just received a message: the problem has been reported to the technical team and it is hoped that the programme will be on iPlayer before Sunday. Keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

For what it's worth, the first hour of last Friday's Essential Classics (which included the 11th of the Telemann Paris Quartets) was missing. I reported the fault and received notification that the iPlayer help team had been able to replicate the problem on the afternoon of the 25th. The problem was resolved the next day.

Comment

• doversoul1
            Ex Member
            • Dec 2010

The problem of this EMS seems to be an odd case; the programme is not registered on the current schedule. If you go to More episodes, it will show you the programmes in 2008. If you go to More episode from last week’s or next week’s, it will skip this programme. I hope the technical team will work out the situation.

Comment

• doversoul1
              Ex Member
              • Dec 2010

This has now changed to ‘This episode will be available soon’, with the last broadcast date updated.

We might just be able to hear it.

Comment

• doversoul1
                Ex Member
                • Dec 2010

I received a message from the EMS production team with an apology for not being able to solve the problem.

I’m sorry to disappoint you, however we hope that we will be able to make available a podcast version of the programme for download some time tomorrow. This will include all of the speech in the programme, but shortened versions of the music (for copyright reasons).
                You’ll be able to find the link to it here:

Comment

• aeolium
                  • Nov 2010

Thanks for your efforts to get this programme available on LA, ds, even though an edited podcast is the best we can now hope for (I think I might have preferred all the music and reduced speech content but there it is). It never occurred to me in advance of the programme that it might not be available on iplayer.

Comment

Working...
                  X