• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

EMS 3 August: Dance Music from York Early Music Festival

Lucie Skeaping presents a recital of early dance music performed by the early music group Forma Antiqua - Fandangos, Folias and Passacaglias. The concert was recorded at this year's York Early Music Festival and features the three Zapico brothers - Daniel (theorbo) Pablo (guitar) and Aarón (harpsichord).
    Recital of early dance music given by Forma Antiqua at the 2014 York Early Music Festival.
  • Black Swan

This is an interesting concert. I attended it at the York Early Music Festival. The Zapico Brothers are excellent musicians and showmen. I enjoyed the concert and look forward to hearing it again, tomorrow.

Comment

• doversoul1
      Ex Member
      • Dec 2010

First of all, please Host, can you change the title to something like ‘Spanish Dance Music from …’?

This was a real treat. Apart from an odd piece here and there on Through the Night, we rarely hear Spanish Baroque guitar music. A very interesting programme and an excellent performance. If this had been in Barcelona instead of York, I expect more than a few members of the audience would have jumped up on the stage and danced to the music.

Comment

Working...
      X