• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

York Early Music Festival: EMS 13 July

Lucie Skeaping presents a live edition of The Early Music Show from the National Centre for Early Music, as part of this year's York Early Music Festival. There will be live music from Ensemble Amarilli, Duo Domenico and bass-baritone Matthew Brook, and Lucie will also be talking to the conductor Andrew Parrott, about his Lifetime Achievement Award from the York Early Music Festival.

• Eine Alpensinfonie
    Host
    • Nov 2010

The York Early Music Festival is a beacon of how such events perhaps should be run. There's so much fine music going on in th city, with vocal music pre-eminent. The Early Music Centre itself is understated but has a great atmosphere.

I hope the broadcast will have lots of music and the bare minimum of chat.

Comment

• Black Swan

So dar the Festival has been great. Today, Amaryllis Ensemble performed. Duo Domenico were the favourite group from last years young performers competition by the Festival Friends group. And Matthew Brook performed twice once in the early lieder program and tonight as a soloist in CZoE Bach Die Leitzen Leben Des Erlsers: Du Gottlicher. He is a fantastic Bass Baritone.

So far the festival has been fantastic.

Comment

• jean
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

Very enjoyable concert.

But isn't Carl Loewe an interesting example of a composer who would never make it into the Early Music category if anyone had ever heard of him?

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
          Host
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by jean View Post
          Very enjoyable concert.

But isn't Carl Loewe an interesting example of a composer who would never make it into the Early Music category if anyone had ever heard of him?
          I suppose you're right. He isn't early at all.

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
            I suppose you're right. He isn't early at all.
            Hmmmmmmmmm early romantic

Comment

• Black Swan

I do agree with the comments about Early Music or not. It was interesting that Lucy asked Peter Seymor and really didn't a definition of Early Music.

But the music is fine and being enjoyed by all.

Comment

Working...
              X