• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doversoul1
    Ex Member
    • Dec 2010

Vox Luminis and QuintEssential Sackbut and Cornett Ensemble: EMS 1 June

Lucie Skeaping introduces highlights from a concert recorded last month at this years Lufthansa Festival of Baroque Music. The award-winning Belgian-based vocal ensemble, Vox Luminis, along with QuintEssential Sackbut and Cornett Ensemble recreate two funerals from 17th century Germany and England.
    […]

Music by Schütz, Purcell and Morley.
    Vocal ensemble Vox Luminis recreates funerals of a German prince and and English queen.

Producer Helen Garrison
    It is good to know that the programme was produced by an named individual but I don’t remember seeing the producer’s name on this or any other music programmes. It this new or just one of those?
  • Black Swan

Really enjoying the show. Trying to hold back on buying the Vox Luminis Schutz recording....

Comment

• ardcarp
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

Indeed, the best performance of the Schutz M. Exequien I've heard. The sound was very 'straight' making every line clear, and yet there was expressiveness and dynamic contrast. I didn't know this group before, but I'm impressed. Good to hear the actual music [as far as we know] performed at Queen Mary's funeral, i.e. mainly the Morley with one sentence by Purcell.

The programme was mainly music with just a few historical details provided tastefully, as always, by Lucie.

Comment

• Black Swan

I agree, I have their recording of music for British Royals Funerals. I am still considering the other.

J

Comment

Working...
        X